Thursday, December 14, 2023

Playtest Call: House of Pestilence

I must apologize from a rather lengthy absence from the blog: a whole lot of busy crunch time, travel, and now a lingering head cold have kept me from finishing up the latest session report, let alone other posts. 

However, there is good news: besides my actual AD&D game, the business keeping my RPG-related energy hostage was my contest entry for No Artpunk 3, the House of Pestilence. After months of work and refinement (I'll probably make a whole post documenting the process) the beta draft was complete, an AD&D adventure for levels 10-14, following directly from and further detailing D3: Vault of the Drow. 

There's HOW MANY drow?!

The praise is rolling in...
House of Pestilence is not just good, in that it preserves the energy and strangeness of the original D series, while shoring up some of its weaknesses, it is in fact downright great... an open-ended location in grand style... a caravan of delights ... lavish, complex, and multi-faceted.
-Prince of Nothing
This looks delightful, but I am a sucker for nostalgia, and this definitely conjures to mind D3.
-JB
Intimidating and exciting...
-N. Alexander Peter
But to become all that it can be, it must be playtested!

While I expect to playtest it in person once my group meets up again in January, I would like to have more players and eyes on it. I'm currently organizing an online playtest via the OSR Pickup Games server, right now for evenings GMT, but an American-time playtest in January is also likely. 

If you can't make the time to playtest but would still like to look at the module and give feedback, you can comment below or message me on Discord at nroman1938. 

I hope to see you there and hear from you! Until then, have an excellent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment